France & Italy Itinerary
Wow, where has the time gone? In two days I will be on my way to Europe! The last time I visited Europe was back in high school. This time around will definitely be so much better since I'm older and have a different perspective with all things in life. Six years ago I was a high school junior on a 9 day tour in France with classmates. Fast forward six years to 2015, and here I am, a 22-year-old Rutgers alumna - about to travel France and Italy with my sister and cousins for 17 days. I can't wait for the adventures that are in store for us!
Some quick tips to keep in mind before traveling abroad:
1. Photocopy all important documents - passport, credit cards, etc just to have a spare copy at home in case anything happens.
2. Make sure you find out if there are any fees associated with your cell phone carrier/credit cards/bank in regards to international usage.
3. Call your bank/credit card companies to let them know your travel dates so they can add a travel note to your account so you don't run into problems when you use your cards.
4. Save all important contact numbers and addresses on your phone/notebook so you have the information at your disposal if you need help with directions.
5. Make a list of basic phrases of the native language of the country you're visiting (if you don't already speak the language) so you'll be able to communicate with locals who may or may not know English.
Here is an overview of our journey and the places we are visiting:
May 18 - May 22 -- Paris, France
May 22 - May 25 -- Gréoux-les-Bains, France
May 25 - May 26 -- Ventimiglia, Italy
May 26 - May31 -- Riomaggiore, Italy
May 31 - June 3 -- Florence, Italy
June 3 - June 4 -- Milan, Italy
Stay tuned for more glimpses of my overseas adventure!